etpa

Panagia Grigorousa

The Church of Panagia Grigorousa is located in the heart of Athens, among the archeological sites of the Roman Agora and Hadrian’s Library. Its interior is decorated with impressive wall paintings, work of the famous painter from Zakynthos, Demetrios Pelekasis, while a prominent place occupies the miraculous icon of the Virgin Mary, which was dedicated to the Holy Temple in 1945, called “Panagia Grigorousa”, because it fulfills quickly the prayers of the faithful. The church was built in the 9th century and rebuilt in 1922 after a fire during the Ottoman period.
Ratings and Reviews
Points Of Sale